General Information Center
We understand that hiring an attorney may sometimes be intimidating, which is why we want you to be informed every step of the way. Reach out to Pedersen Law today if you have additional questions.
- Why should I hire an attorney?
- What factors should I consider when hiring an attorney?
- How do I know if an attorney’s fee is fair?
- What is a “Statute of Limitation”?
- What is a contingency fee?
- What are “pre-paid” legal services?
- What if I have a dispute with my attorney over fees?
- Is what I communicate to my attorney confidential?
- Is my attorney required to advise me of any settlement offer made in my case? If so, who has the authority to settle my case?
- Will I be required to work on my own legal matter?
- What are the basic stages of litigation?
- What is arbitration?
- What is mediation?
- Will I be kept informed about the status of my legal matter?
- Is there a State agency that governs attorneys?
- How does the firm bill me?