Kristina Coronado has been a member of the firm since 2006 and served as the firm’s Certified Law Clerk and Certified Paralegal until she was admitted to practice as an attorney in 2021.
Kristina represents employees in all areas of employment law, including discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, unfair business practices, PAGA and wage and hour claims. Kristina has years of experience providing litigation support as a paralegal, ranging from drafting and compiling information for discovery responses, pleadings, motions and appeals; preparing presentations for various speaking engagements, drafting, reviewing and transmitting legal correspondence; communicating with clients, experts, and witnesses; organizing and analyzing discovery in preparation for hearings and trials; managing and electronically bates-stamping document productions; supervising law clerks and legal staff; preparing cases for trial and providing technical assistance during trial proceedings. Kristina is bilingual, speaking English and Spanish and is, therefore, an asset when communicating with our Spanish—speaking clientele.
Kristina graduated at the top of her class at Kensington College of Paralegal Studies in 2006; received an AA in Psychology in 2009 from Orange Coast College, and a BA in Psychology in 2011 from California State University-Fullerton.
Kristina graduated Cum Laude from Western State College of Law. During law school Kristina was a member of the Dean’s Circle, served as the 2016-2017 Editor-in-Chief of Western State Law Review, received a Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Legal Research & Writing, and served as a summer extern for Honorable Commissioner Carmen Luege at the Orange County Superior Court. Kristina was also awarded the inaugural “Best Policy” Award at the Western State Honor & Glory Moot Court Round for her appellate oral argument during her first year of law school. Kristina has also served as a volunteer scorer for the Constitutional Rights Foundation Mock Trial Competition. Kristina is currently a member of the Society of Scholars for the Phi Alpha Delta law fraternity, California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), Orange County Bar Association, and the Hispanic Bar Association.
- Pedersen Law APC
- Associate Attorney, 2021-present
- Paralegal, 2006-2020
- Orange County Superior Court
- Extern to Honorable Commissioner Carmen Luege
- Western State College of Law at Argosy University, Irvine, CA, 2018
- Dean’s Circle
- Editor-in-Chief of Western State Law Review
- California State University-Fullerton, Fullerton, CA, 2011. Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
- Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa, CA, 2009. Associate of Arts in Psychology.
- Kensington College of Paralegal Studies, Santa Ana, CA, 2006.
Honors & Awards
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Legal Research & Writing
- Inaugural “Best Policy” Award at the Western State Honor & Glory Moot Court Round for appellate oral argument
- Society of Scholars for the Phi Alpha Delta law fraternity
- California State Bar
- California District Court- Central
- Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit