Kimberly H. Whang is an associate attorney at Pedersen Law. Ms. Whang graduated from the University of California, Irvine in 2009 earning a B.S. in Biological Sciences. Ms. Whang then went on to pursue a career in law at Western State University College of Law, where she graduated magna cum laude in the top eight percentile of her class. During law school, Ms. Whang was a writer and editor of the Law Review and received several academic excellence awards. She also authored five published ABA Media Alerts for the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
After graduating from law school, Ms. Whang has worked in personal injury, representing injured clients in both State and Federal Court. For the last two and a half years Ms. Whang has represented employees in matters against employers. Ms. Whang has represented clients in employment matters in State and Federal Court, as well as arbitration. During her free time, Ms. Whang enjoys reading and visiting museums.
- Pedersen Law APC, Irvine, CA.
- Associate Attorney, June 2018 to present.
- Stevens & McMillan, Tustin, CA.
- Associate Attorney, September 2015 to June 2018.
- Layfield & Wallace, APC, Irvine, CA.
- Associate Attorney, December 2014 to August 2015.
- Orange County Public Defender, Santa Ana, CA.
- Certified Law Clerk, January 2013 to May 2014.
- Watten, Discoe, Bassett & McMains, Santa Ana, CA.
- Law Clerk, May 2012 to August 2012.
- Consumers’ Law Group, Inc., Newport Beach, CA.
- Case Manager, October 2010 to July 2011.
- Western State College of Law, Fullerton, CA, 2014. Juris Doctorate.
- Magna Cum Laude, Ranked in Top 8th Percentile (10/125).
- University of California, Irvine, CA, 2009. Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences.
- Kappa Alpha Theta, Member
Honors & Awards
- Law Review, Year-In-Review, Fall 2013 and Spring 2014
- Law Review, Tech Editor, Fall 2012 and Spring 2013
- Witkin Award, California Civil Procedure, Spring 2014
- ABA Media Alerts Author, Ninth Circuit, Fall 2013 and Spring 2014
- Witkin Award, Pre-Trial Criminal Litigation, Fall 2013
- Dean’s Circle, Spring 2012 – Spring 2014
- Witkin Award, Legal Writing and Research, Spring 2012
- Distinguished Public Service Certificate
Professional Organizations & Community Involvement
- CELA Member