Jennifer J. Ton is an associate attorney at Pedersen Law who manages cases in both our Employment Law and Personal Injury Departments. Jennifer earned her J.D. from Western State University College of Law, where she graduated with Magna Cum Laude honors and received a Certificate of Exemplary Public Service for volunteering over 120 hours of pro bono legal services to her community.
Jennifer is passionate about serving her community and being a voice for the voiceless. She takes pride in exclusively representing individuals rather than large corporations, businesses, and insurance companies. She is a staunch advocate of employee rights and seeking justice for those who have been injured due to the actions of others.
Jennifer has significant experience in all areas of employment law, including matters involving unpaid wages, wrongful termination and workplace discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. In addition to being a trial lawyer, Jennifer also takes on appellate cases and has presented oral argument in front of the California Court of Appeal. Jennifer is enthusiastic about being as a resource to others and serves as an adjunct professor at Western State College of Law, proudly teaching Employment Law to the next generation of lawyers.
In addition to advocating on behalf of employees, Jennifer also represents individuals who have suffered from injuries as a result of motor vehicle accidents, product defects, dog bites, slip and fall accidents and more. In law school, Jennifer was invited to join the Honors Moot Court Team where she participated in a Products Liability Competition in Cincinnati, Ohio, and advocated on behalf of a minor who was seriously injured by a defective toy. At the competition, Jennifer won the Best Appellate Brief Award for having drafted the best legal brief out of over 40 teams representing 34 different law schools throughout the United States. This competition ignited a desire in Jennifer to advocate on behalf of victims suffering from injuries caused by the negligent actions of others. Jennifer is understanding and empathetic when working with clients and strives to make each client’s experience as easy as possible by assisting them with scheduling and obtaining medical treatment while simultaneously providing legal guidance, support, and top-quality representation.
- Pedersen Law, APC
- Associate Attorney, January 2021 to present.
- Law Clerk, March 2018 to July 2019, December 2019 to January 2021.
- California Court of Appeal
- Judicial Extern & Legal Research Assistant to Justice William Bedsworth, January 2018 to April 2018.
- Western State College of Law, Irvine, CA
- Magna Cum Laude
- Certificate of Exemplary Public Service
- Western State Law Review, Editor & Media Alerts Team
- Honors Moot Court Member
- Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity, President
- Public Interest Law Foundation, Vice President
- Dean’s Fellow Peer Mentor
- Deans’ Circle Member
- California StateUniversity Fullerton, Fullerton, CA
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration – Finance
Honors & Awards
- Witkin Awards for Academic Excellence
- Legal Writing and Research
- Civil Procedure
- Community Property
- Best Appellate Brief Award
- 2018 August A. Rendigs, Jr. National Products Liability Moot Court Competition, Cincinnati, Ohio
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Orange County Women Lawyers Association
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- California Lawyers Association
- Society of Scholars – Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity